Saturday, March 2, 2013

Goals Update

I figured I should update you guys on my first set of 2013 goals and my diet (I hate that word...let's call it Jordan's Epic Weight Loss Mission!).  Let's just say that they're both going spectacularly well while also going horribly.  It's kind of hard for me to stick to one consistent plan, so I...ummm...took an off-road path?  I guess that's a good way to put it haha.

My Epic Weight Loss Mission hasn't gone as planned.  For the first about four weeks, I got down to only one or two processed carbs a day.  But then it got a little busy, with lacrosse starting and my mom has this huuuge deadline at work, and I relaxed it a bit.  A lot :o  I'm back up to five or six processed carbs a day (guilty...lol) but I'm definitely getting back on it.  And it worked really great that first month!  I was actually able to squeeze into my favorite jeans from last year :D  They're a size 7, and I wear a 9 or 11 now, so I think that's pretty good for four weeks without changing my exercise habits at all!  I didn't get to run it that 5k though :(  It was earlier than I'd thought, so I would have only had two weeks to train.  I decided not to do it, but I'm planning on doing this 5k in May.  It's not quite a 5k...if you go the wrong route, it can be a 10k!  And of course there's the undead chasing you, no big deal.  I'm so excited, it's going to be so fun!  I ran a mile last week just for fun at this event, and I did pretty alright.  I didn't get my time, but I'm guessing around 10 or 11 minutes based on my first lap time.  I wasn't really out of breath or tired when I finished, but my Achilles were cramping and dying.  Still trying to stretch it out >.<

My goals haven't gone as planned either.  The only thing on my list I've accomplished is a triple pirouette, and I got a quadruple modern pirouette this evening while practicing.  But I've made crazy awesome progress on my non-goals!  My ankles and calves seem much stronger, and my pulling up has definitely improved.  I'm really close on my left front split, I actually sat in it completely while I was stretching with my friends at a sleepover!  (I think they enjoy watching me be gumby hahaha)  I haven't been able to get all the way down again though :/  I think I lost some flexibility after that mile too.  I need to get back to a short barre everyday, crunches, and releves.

My last set of goals are going to carry over to this next goal period.  New goals: before the end of April.
1. Go to an open class at a company school.
2. A consistent fouettes.

Failure is not an option.

I'm also planning on joining a gym again.  I want to get into their Pilates and yoga classes, I heard that it helps to cross-train.  And guess what, guys....I'm going to my very first ballet in a few weeks!  My mom and I just found some tickets tonight at half-price, and I totally jumped on them :D  So exactly three weeks from now, I will be watching Romeo and Juliet.  I'm so excited!!  It's a nearby company/school, and when I was looking through the cast list I actually saw someone I know :O  Have you been to a ballet before?  If you have, I'd love to hear about it!



What are some of your goals for 2013?  What have you accomplished so far?

3 comments:

  1. Yay, it's good that you got your split. Keep trying, it's not im-posse-ble :-) It's better to stretch five minutes a day, than not at all. That ballet seems interesting, although I've never been to it before. Maybe you can tell us how it was? The only goals I've accomplished so far is my triple pirouette, a more flexible back, stronger feet/ankles, and I'm so so close on my aerial (although I nearly fell on my face during one attempt). Keep trying and don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be doing some posts about going to the ballet and how it was! And you've achieved a lot so far, keep it up :)

      Delete