Thursday, January 17, 2013

Class Update

Class yesterday was soo much fun!  At barre, Little Things by One Direction came on and I found out that there are Directioners in our class!  Any Directioners reading?  Also, my favorite song at the moment came on during rond de jambes, and it's one of my teachers favorite songs too, so that was cool.  After barre we did single, single, double piques across the floor.  It was our first time doing double piques, which was really fun.  And we got to practice our pirouettes.  Big announcement guys.....I landed my first triple pirouette!  I did a couple of really good triples :D We learned inside turns too, which we'd never done those before.  While we were turning, Little Things came on again, so we talked about the boys.  I'm the only one who wants Zayn...yesss...no competition >:)  One of my classmates bought cookies, so we sat and ate cookies and talked about school and homeschool (another girl and I are both homeschooled).  We waltzed for a little while, then class was over.  It was a really fun class, and we learned some new stuff.  And I have another announcement......I have two classes next week!  Since we have two classes to make up for winter break, some of the girls in my class and I are going to an intermediate class this Monday.  They're the class we're being grouped with for recital, so our teacher recommended it.  Did I mention it's an intermediate class?!  I'm so excited!!  I love a challenging class, I can't wait!  Also, we were on the topic of skirts in class.  Two of the girls have skirts and they're sooo pretty when they turn.  I really want one; do you have any recommendations?
I hope your classes are going great too :)  I have another class hair post coming soon.  Keep dancing!

4 comments:

  1. Double pirouettes sound fun! Also, I love going to challenging classes because I get to learn new things. I have a ballet skirt too. It's just a simple one. I love the way it looks when I do pirouettes.

    Also, I know this doesn't have to do with dance, but I was just curious. What is it like being home schooled? Do you teach yourself or do you have a teacher? Thanks, and I will keep dancing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been homeschooled since I was 6 and a half, so when I was younger my mom was my teacher. Then when I was 10, I started some online classes (I was 7th grade then because I was a year ahead). Now I do all my core classes online, and teach myself for electives :)

      Delete
    2. Oh wow! You must have a lot of time for dancing, then m

      Delete
    3. Yep! I try not to do too much though, so I won't get injured.

      Delete