Saturday, January 5, 2013

Class Hairstyles

I love making my bun before class.  Like, seriously, I start doing my hair half an hour before I even need to start getting dressed.  In my class, a bun is not required and some girls wear ponytails or braids, but I just love buns.  So here is my tutorial on buns.  What you need is a brush, bobby pins, and hair elastics.  A lot of people like to use hairnets and bun pins and hair gel/spray, but my hair doesn't usually fly everywhere so I've found I don't need them.  Here are two ways to do a basic ballet bun:


Using the two elastics to hold it in place works really well when it's a high bun.  To mix it up, try doing a low bun.  You would make the bun the same way, but use only one elastic for the low ponytail.


My hair is thick, so doing the single twist around makes it really high, not classical.  I do the double elastic high ponytail, then a cinnabun.

One way to change up your look is to braid the ponytail before wrapping it.  If you like the cinnabun method better, then make two braids.  When you wrap it, make sure the braid is flat.  You can do the same thing with a fishtail braid or twisting it (I don't know what it's really called...you take two pieces and twist them together.)  If you have bangs and don't want to leave them down, twist or braid them back then secure it with some bobby pins.

I hope this helped!  I'll make another hair post later, one with fancier buns :3  Keep dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment