Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Back to Class

Tonight was our first class back from winter break.  It was kinda fun.  I wore my new leotard.  I like it, but I probably could have gotten a smaller size.  It's a bit baggy in the bottom and back, with extra fabric bunching up.  The bra part of it fits great though, a lot more support than my other leo.  It's weird though; when I tried it on in the store back in October (same leo, same size) it fit perfect.  I don't know.  Anyways, class!  Barre today was really challanging, so awesome.  At barre, our teacher was getting on us about pushing our 5th.  Well, mostly me.  I'm pretty much the only person in class that doesn't have fabulous turnout.  *Sigh* I'll be working on that I guess.  Anyone know any good stretches for turnout?  So, I was disappointed because we only did attitude turns and piques, no pirouettes or fouettes.  We also didn't do any tour jetes.  Oh well.  We got a really good stretch, middle splits against the wall then partner stretching.  And....we learned how to waltz!  Polka and waltz actually.  I didn't quite get the polka, but the waltz was fun.  I think of it as like a floating fairy step lol ^_^  So yeah, class this week was a bit boring but we learned a lot.  Also, we learned that we're going to be doing our recital dance with one of the intermediate classes.  I don't understand...is that normal, to put two classes together for a recital performance?  I'm sort of confused, because we're different level classes too.  Huh.
Who had their first class back this week too?  How'd it go?  Feel free to comment below ;)

4 comments:

  1. I heard the frog stretch was good for improving your turn out. A waltz seems like its fun to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! I've heard of the frog stretch...looks like I'll be frogging for a while haha :) thanks

      Delete
  2. Last year we combined with a higher level class for our end of year recital too and so did other classes so I guess it is normal.

    ReplyDelete