Saturday, March 23, 2013

Class and Recital Update

Since I missed class this Wednesday, I went to a make up class yesterday.  I originally planned on taking a ballet class this morning, but my mom wouldn't have been able to get me to the class on time.  I took Int. 1/Int. 2 Lyrical, which was a wider range of ages since it combined two levels.  We stretched but it was hard.  There's stretching to loosen up your muscles, and there's flexibility training.  They did flexibility training.  We pulled out the mats for oversplits and everything.  Definitely not the best class to take when you have a pulled hamstring lol.  So I sorta faked my way through everything on my left side.  After we stretched, they spent the entire class working on their recital routine.  Like seriously, I don't know what's up with this.  We have about 20 seconds of our routine down, and all the other classes are done with theirs.  And recital is still three months away!  At my last studio, we didn't even start working on our routines or costumes until like three months before the show (probably why we had to add extra practice a week before recital....).  But we're supposed to get our costumes the week after spring break, then we have picture day two weeks after that.  I've haven't had dance pictures since I was really little, so I have no idea what to expect.  They say we're going to have regular class around pictures, but we're supposed to come in our costumes.  Does that include make up?  Should we wear our normal class stuff under our costumes or change into them?  *confused* but we have a few more weeks until picture day, so I will have time to ask my teacher!

And hey guys, it's finally here....Romeo and Juliet tonight!  I'm really hoping it's Macmillan's choreo, but I guess we'll see.  I'll try to take pictures for you guys :D

How are your classes?  Did you get your recital costumes yet?  Also, are there any particular posts you'd like to see?  Comment below :3

No comments:

Post a Comment