Tuesday, March 19, 2013

This Weekend and Monday

Hey guys!  This part is sorta irrelevant to ballet, if you don't care just skip to the next paragraph!  So this weekend was crazy.  I was up at 6:20am on Saturday because my brother's soccer team was hosting a 3v3 tournament and we had to set up at 7.  Then I had to get to my own lacrosse game at 8:45am.  We lost (again) and we had to rush back at the tournament by 11:30 for my brother's first match (they lost too).  After it was done, we got some pizza and went home so I could shower (and download some music...lol) and be back at the field by 2pm for my mom to be on field marshal duty.  She marshaled for maybe an hour or two, then I got my lacrosse stick out of the car so we could practice.  I throw to her with my stick, she catches it in her softball glove and throws it back.  Seems legit, right? ;)  We threw for maybe an hour, then watched the younger boys play before watching my brother's last match.  They got second place, and we stayed until about 6pm to fold up at goals, pick up, and such.  Then we got some tacos for dinner and finally home!  Then Sunday I woke up at 7:20am for lacrosse tryouts.  The field is about 40min from my house, so we had to start off early.  I did really well, I think, and the coaches gave me some compliments.  I'm pretty sure we all made it though, because only 12 high school girls showed up and they had 23 spots.  Then I had a birthday party at the beach, which I was an hour late for due to the drive and my extremely long showers...oops lol.  We were there until almost sundown, so I got a sunburn :(  and I rolled my left ankle and could walk on it most of Sunday night and Monday morning.

Yesterday I went to an adult class at the studio that has the summer program I'm interested in.  We got lost on the way there (we somehow drove past the entire plaza without noticing lol!) so I was almost 10 minutes late.  When I got there, the lady I talked to on the phone last Monday was there, and she remembered me so she took me straight to the classroom.  They hadn't started yet, they were still putting their shoes on and stretching.  I totally screwed up at barre...I had no idea how they did their arms, and apparently neither did the woman in front of me! XD  The rest of class went pretty much the same way, until we got to pirouettes.  I landed every turn on my right as clean doubles and made some halfway decent singles on my left.  Aside from all the messing up, I actually learned a lot; a few new jumps, promenade, and coupe.  And hey, my ankle made it through the whole class, yay!  I'm pretty sure they're teaching a different method than I'm learn right now, it seemed like they used coupe a lot more than we do in Cecchetti.  It was really fun, and I like the idea of learning a different method, so I'm going to sign up for their summer intensive.

So, readers, how was your weekend?  Go to any good classes lately?  Comment below :)

Oh, and I got my first quadruple pirouette (turned out, not modern) on Sunday night!  It was so clean, so perfect...and on an injured ankle.  In a similar fashion to a boss ;D

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your ankle, but I'm glad it's getting better! It's great your going to an intensive. I hear that they're fun. Just curious, how long is your intensive and how many hours? Oh, and good job on your quadrouple pirouette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The summer program I'm going to is kinda confusing. It has half (9 - 12), partial (9 - 3), and full (9 - 5) day options for one, two, three, four, or five days a week. We pay by the week. I haven't decided yet, but I think I'm going to go partial day, five days for two weeks. So for me it would be Monday through Friday, 9am to 3pm for two weeks. And thanks! :)

      Delete