Saturday, December 1, 2012

Class Update

Class this week was great!  I think it was the most challenging class we've had so far.  We spent about a half hour at barre doing our usual stuff and then a barre stretch.  The best thing was when we had one leg up on the barre and our teacher told us to lift it off the barre.  I couldn't even lift my leg.  I Googled it later and learned it's an exercise that helps strengthen your hip flexors, which will help you get higher extensions!  So I'll definitely be working on those.  Then we did piques, which are one of my favorites.  Oh and we learned a holiday dance, a different one from last week.  I liked it better than the last one, because we had two tour jetes in this one :3  But I kinda wish we had The Nutcracker, or a holiday show or something.  We also practiced our grand jetes before class ended.  It was a really difficult class, I loved it!  Tell me guys, how are your classes?  Does your studio have The Nutcracker?

No comments:

Post a Comment