Friday, December 14, 2012

Class Update

Class this week was sooo fun!  We learn some new things and did lots of turns, which are my favorite.  The classroom was warm, so we stretched before class instead of after barre.  After barre, we learned this new turn, but I can't remember the name at all!  It's super fun, it's like chaines only you bring the foot you're not turning on up to passé.  So it's like right passé, left passé, right passé, left passé, while turning.  Anyone know the name of it?  Anyways, we spent awhile working on our turns; we did pirouettes, arabesque turns, and attitude turns.  After that, we practiced our tour jetés and we learned fouettés.  No, not the turns, the jump.  But everyone was so excited when our teacher said fouettés, she taught us the turns too!  She said we would at least need a double pirouette to be able to stay up, and I'm the only person in my class that has consistent doubles yet, so I gave it a go.  And ohhhh my gosh!  They look really hard, but they aren't!  And they're so fun!  I only did two or three (I forgot to count...lol fail) but fouettés are amazing and I will definitely be practicing :D  After running through our holiday dance a couple times, class was over.  It was a really great class :)  I hope you guys are having great classes too!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your blog, and want to start ballet. I'm 14 and have just started doing a ballet fitness DVD, could you tell me some easy bart steps to practice at home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! There are lots of things you can practice at home. I'll make a post for you later today or tomorrow with videos and links. I'm really glad you like my blog, and thanks for commenting :)

      Delete