Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Goals Update

Hey dancers!  I'm starting a new goal schedule.  My deadline for my last one was the end of April, but I already completed the first goal (sorta lol) and the second goal I'm trying to avoid since fouettes can hurt my ankle.  My new set of goals I want to achieve by recital, which is June 1st.  That's nearly 3 months away, so this is going to be a bigger list than usual :3
1. Both front splits
2. Backbend
3. Consistent clean triple pirouettes
4. The wall stretch
5. Full rises
And I don't have a specific goal, but I expect to see notable progress in my feet and turnout (my two worst areas).

I'm also challenging myself to one week challenges.  Seven straight days of practicing something consistently, and if I don't make it all seven days then I have to restart from zero.  Right now I'm going to work on easy stretching every day this week (Tuesday and Wednesday already down, yeah!), and when I finish I'm going to do week challenges for these:
Theraband exercises
Releves
Turnout exercises
Pirouettes
...probably not in this order haha.

I've also had a change of diet.  Instead of less carbs and processed foods, I'm trying to eat smaller proportions.  I still eat much less bread, pasta, chips and such, it's become habit.  Also, I am in looooove with my new water routine!  When I get to dehydrated or need to drink more water for whatever reason, I cut up an orange into smallish cubes and put it in my bottle.  Then I fill it with cold water, so it's about 1/6 full of orange and the rest water.  Shake it a bit, then leave it for maybe 15-20 minutes and it's pure deliciousness!!!  Keep hydrated, and keep dancing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment