Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cloud

Daniel Cloud Campos (aka B-Boy Cloud), is one of my favorite dancers and in my opinion the greatest b-boy ever.  Very unique, original moves and great musicality.  You might have seen him in Step Up 3 (he was Kid Darkness) which is where I first saw him :D
I'm going to put some of his videos below and if you like them, check out his channel.  There are TONS more!  He's not just a breakdancer; he's also a choreographer, actor, filmmaker, and more.  He's just an all-around artist.




Brilliant, isn't he?  This is this week's motivation.  I know it isn't the type of motivation that makes you want to work toward your splits or better turns or whatever, but I was hoping it would inspire you to find your artist.  Don't forget that dance is an art too.  Try to freestyle a bit-- no choreography, not thinking about technique, and just feel the music.  Be unique and keep dancing!  :)

Also, Happy National Dance Week!  This week, I'm choreographing my own dance to Lovely by Sara Haze to celebrate.  I might upload a video of it if I can find my camera when I finish it!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of him before, but I'll look him up. This post has inspired me to find my artist, which I haven't thought of doing before; and for the free styling...I'll work on that.

    ReplyDelete