Friday, April 5, 2013

Recital Update

Class this week was alright.  We didn't do barre, we didn't stretch, we didn't do center or across the floor.  We worked on the recital dance the whole time.  We got our costumes!  Only five of the eight of us are in recital.  They're trying to get a costume for the new girl, but she came too late for them to order one.  So we tried on our costumes and they're gorgeous!  They fit us all perfectly.  They were supposed to drape from our arms, but there's only one elastic instead of two.  I suggested we just put hair elastic around our wrists and pin the fabric to it.  We ran through the dance a couple of time while wearing the costumes, then we took them off so they wouldn't get dirty (they're white).  We were also officially assigned to our spots.  I was center in the beginning line, but then Ms. Athena realized there were six of us, not five (there is a girl in another class that is with us) so I have to move left a bit to split center.  I'm a bit disappointed; last year I was in all the middle/back rows in our groups.  I really like the routine and song though, and I'm so excited!  This is our song, btw.


Ms. Athena said she would tell us more about stage makeup later, so I don't know how we're going to look :O  After class, I asked her if I could use the Pro-Arch foot stretcher and she said "Sure, anytime," so I'm going to use it as much as I can before recital :D  I stay every week after class because my mom has to pick my brother up from soccer at the same time, 20 minutes away.  I usually have about 30 min, but this week his practice ran super late so I had about 45 min to practice.  Since we only had the choreo in class, I did a short barre, some feet exercises, turns, and some turnout exercises.


I did all these stretches and exercises, and I think they work.  My hips and thighs were sore, so I guess they were good lol.

Have you guys gotten your costumes yet?  When's your show?  Keep dancing! :)

2 comments:

  1. The only downside to recitals are that you don't get to do a lot of what you want to do during class. You might do a quick warm up, then you practice your dance for the rest of the class. It feels great when you finish a dance, though.
    How was the stretcher? Do you think it helps with your arch? I can't wait to get my ballet costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's true, and I can't wait to finish it! The Pro-arch was pretty good, I like to think I can already see a difference! But of course I can't, I've only used it once lol. It gives a good stretch, you can really feel it.

      Delete