Thursday, April 11, 2013

Update(s)

Hey guys!  A lot has happened since my last update post! :O  I guess I start at the beginning-ish....
Tuesday I went to a lyrical class, the same one I went to for winter break make-up.  Some of the girls remembered me from last time.  The teacher didn't ignore me like the one in the last make-up class I went to, and said I could stand in the back and pick up what I could (no one was absent).  I already knew part of their dance, and I got about 10 more steps or so after what I remembered.  The girls were so cute though!  When I told them I was 15, they all started talking about how I should be on our studio's competition team.  They were really surprised when I told them this was only my first year in ballet and lyrical.  I thought it was really sweet that they thought I should be on the team :)  Ballet on Wednesday was good too, we only have like 20 seconds left of our dance to learn.  Picture day is next week, I can't wait!  Does your studio do pictures?  Have you had yours yet?

I completed my challenge from last week.  I stretched everyday from last Tuesday to this Wednesday, so I actually did eight days in a row and I'm really proud of myself :D  This week's challenge is going to be turnout exercises, I'll probably start tomorrow.

I've got most of my summer plans ready.  I'm (hopefully) going to volunteer at a camp this June and the beginning of July.  The studio I'm going to for summer just released their official summer dates and rates, so I decided to do two weeks in July; four days the first week, five days the second week.  I'm waiting to be accepted as a volunteer before I register.  Some of the classes they have on this year's schedule are Tap, Acro, Contemporary, Jazz, Hip-Hop, Pilates, Lyrical, Conditioning, and of course ballet.  I'm really excited to try all of them!  I don't have anything planned in August yet...I'm probably going to be visiting a lot of studios and trying out classes.
Anyone else super excited for summer?  Do you have any special plans?  Keep dancing :)

4 comments:

  1. Are you going to try out for your competition team? Also I don't know when we will have pictures, but I know we will.
    I've tried to do a stretching-every-day routine, and I did it once. I'm starting that up again. Since my turn out is pretty good, I'm working on making my arch even higher (and I'm pretty sure my arch has gotten higher – yay!).
    This summer I'm doing an intensive, and I would like to take a ballet class and a turns and leaps, or stretch and tone class. I'm excited for summer, but I'll be really really excited if I make the advanced company team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well for the competition team at my studio, you have to be invited to the audition by a teacher. I'm not in any of the lyrical or jazz classes, so it's pretty unlikely that I'll be invited to audition. But if I do get invited and I'm still with this studio after summer, then I'd definitely try out :3 I hope you make the advanced company team, it sounds really awesome! It's only a couple more weeks before your audition, right? Good luck! :)

      Delete
    2. Maybe you could ask your teacher if they could reccomend you. That's what one person did, and our teacher told us that they'll probably reccomend the person because they're good. Yes, the audition is in a few weeks. Thanks. It does sound fun, but I've heard it's difficult to get in and that there's favoritism, and some mean/bratty people in the company, but I won't let that discourage me :-)

      Delete
    3. Maybe I will, that's a good idea :) And just remember in your audition: "Be so good they can't ignore you." -Steve Martin

      Delete