Friday, April 19, 2013

Picture Day

Hey guys!  So this week was picture day for recital.  It was really crazy...I'm a little disappointed.  I really hope my pictures turn out good.  I wasn't really ready when they told me they were ready, so I forgot to pull my costume down so my leotard wouldn't show.  My mom noticed my leotard straps sticking out just before the head shots, which was after all the posing.  And my smile didn't feel right, I was nervous and it felt kinda fake. *sigh*  So I really hope they turn out nice, I'll get them sometime in May.  They had the picture stuff set up in our classroom, so there was no class :(  We just ran through our recital choreo in the next classroom with two other classes and the company.  I'm kinda sad that we didn't do much, but we got to see the advanced class and oh my gosh they were awesome!  There was this one girl, maybe 10 or 11 years old, and she was doing these triple fouettes things, she was amazing!  I also learned this pique/emboite/fouette type turn from watching them, it's really fun.

Can't wait until class next week!  I need to start my weekly challenge, I've been too lazy this week to start.  I already decided on turnout exercises for this week.  Also, I think the Turnboard is helping my turns!  I've been landing triples pretty easily lately which usually only happens on really good days :D
No post this weekend, sorry, I'm going to be away.  I'll probably have a new post up by Sunday night or Monday though.  Keep dancing! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully your pictures come out well. I don't like when I don't have class... At almost every class I go to, I get to see some of the advanced company dance. Maybe that will be me one day. Also, after you do turns on the turnboard, do you think it helps your turns without it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the turnboard helps turns without it immediately after, if that's what you mean. Right after using the turnboard, I kinda fail without it. I releve too late, I push off too slow, etc. But a couple hours later and my turns look better :)

      Delete