Sunday, July 21, 2013

Summer Dance And More News!

Hey guys!  It has been a long time since I last posted, I know, but there's been so much going this summer and not much dancing. Buuut, my summer dance camp is starting tomorrow! :D  I'm so excited to get back to dance, I haven't really danced since recital back in June :O  During my occasional stretching sessions, I noticed that I haven't lost much flexibility.  I'm still just as close to (or as far from, depends how you look at it) my splits as I was during the dance season.  Yay!  I really hope to close those last two or three inches on my front splits this week.

I originally planned on doing two weeks of dance camp, but I was volunteering as a counselor at a music camp and was having so much fun with the other counselors that I decided to volunteered for two more weeks than I'd originally planned.  I have some plans in August that I can't change or work around, so I can only do one week of camp :(  That's only five days, but I'll take what I can get.  I start tomorrow, and I'll try to post updates everyday during this week.

Also, if you've been following my blog for a while (I saw I had some new followers, welcome!), you know that I am homeschooled.  And you also know that I didn't really like my last studio and was looking to change after recital.  Now you're probably thinking, "Yes, Jordan, we know....but what do these have to do with each other?"  Well, I applied to a private school in my area, and I was accepted with a scholarship.  I love homeschooling, but I've been homeschooled for almost 10 years and I think this would be good for me, so I'm going to do it.  The best part is that the school offers ballet classes as an option for Physical Education!  I might be taking ballet everyday and getting credits for it!  *fist pump*

That's all the news for now, but I'll hopefully have another post tomorrow.  Keep dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment