Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer Dance - Day 4

Today's schedule
Floor Barre
Ballet Barre
Ballet Center
Lunch Break
Tap
Acro

So today was great!  It started off with floor barre, like on Monday, so I know I'm going to be hurting tomorrow.  I hadn't had the teacher we had for both ballet classes today in any previous classes, but I really liked her.  We got to try a lot of new things and she gave lots of corrections.  Also, there were only three other girls in class today.  I'm not sure what happened to the rest of them, there are usually between six and nine other girls, but not today.  Not complaining, I love smaller classes!

Today was my first time trying acro.  It was fun, but I don't think I'll keep taking it.  I mean, I might take a class occasionally, but not consistently or weekly.  We started off real small, with bridges and bridges on our knees.  Then we moved on to backbends.  I tried, but I had this feeling I was going to slip and crack my head even with a wall behind me and the teacher holding my back.  She said I didn't have to do it today if I didn't want to, so after a couple more tries I just stopped.  Then we did some stuff across the floor.  I tried to crab walk, but I half-failed.  But I half-succeeded too ;)  There wasn't anything I completely "got" until we did the side round cartwheels.  I'm not sure that's the actual name though.  Anyways, I loved those.  I also really liked teeter-tots and cartwheels.  My cartwheels to the right were good, but my left side was horrendous.  Oh well, practice makes permanent!

No comments:

Post a Comment