Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Recital Update

Hey guys!  I know I've been absent this week again, but we had our first lacrosse tournament last weekend.  It was awesome!  I got moved from middie to attack, and I scored 3 times!  We lost two games, but the third match we beat the other team, as I was told, 21 - 6 :D

I have another tournament this weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday actually, this one's huge) and this Saturday is dress rehearsal!  It turns out our dress rehearsal isn't really rehearsal time, it's like a first show.  It's free and open to the public, and they said last year over 1000 people showed up to watch. O_o  Since I need to be at lacrosse, I'm not going to the theater until Act 2 and my teacher is going to let me out after we get off-stage.

I'm kinda nervous.  The younger class we're grouped with tend to rush through the choreography, so my class is left to either go through it at the right timing, or try to keep up with them so at least we're in sync.  I also don't have my stage makeup yet!  I went to Walmart last night, but only found eyeshadow and lipstick that suited me.  I still need liquid eyeliner, hairnets, foundation, and blush, so hopefully I'll get them today before dance.  And 17 days until recital, and I still have like two more inches until I can sit in my splits!  I want to get them before the show, because I have a grand jete right across the front of the stage.  There's been so many changes in the choreo I barely remember where I'm supposed to stand, or how my arms are supposed to look anymore D:

....okay, I'm done ranting now.  Thanks for listening/reading lol.  I'll have posts about stretching and stage makeup coming soon :)  Is your spring performance coming up soon?  Has it already passed?  Tell me how it's going!  Keep dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment