Monday, May 20, 2013

Dress Rehearsal

Dress rehearsal was Saturday.  I got there just before intermission, and I had to leave right after I got offstage to get to my lacrosse tournament, but luckily, we didn't have a match scheduled in the morning so I didn't have to run from the tourney to rehearsal.  So it went well...mostly.  No one fumbled the lifts, and the younger girls didn't rush at all, I'm really proud of them! :D  We didn't majorly mess up until the arabesque to tour jete to waltz.  The last class before dress rehearsal, we changed it so we would arabesque earlier and have time to chaine to the tape line after the tour jete, before the waltz.  Yeah, well, I guess we forgot we changed that XD  So we were all waltzing in different places at different times.  Awkward lol!

Oh, and our dress rehearsal isn't really a rehearsal.  It's like a first performance with an audience.  It's free and open to the public, and Ms. Athena said over 2000 people showed up last year O_o  I don't even want to think about how many people showed up this year..

Our real/second show is in two weeks, and I can't wait again!  This time, I'm skipping my lacrosse tournament for that weekend (it's too far away), so I'm going to get there nice and early and stay through for the finale.  My third first recital haha...I suppose I should tell you guys my dance story sometime soon.  Anyways, it was great!  Have you already had your spring show?  How did it go?  Summer is coming fast too, do you have summer dance plans?  Comment below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment