Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Altering Leotards

Hello ballerinas! :)  So, I just finished sewing up the straps on my new(ish) leotard.  I bought it to wear under my costume, but the straps didn't line up with where the costume's straps lay.  So I just snipped them off and sewed them back on about 4cm closer.  Leotards are very adjustable with just some safety pins, or a needle and thread.  If you have a plain leotard, you can make a pinch front with a safety pin.  Take a small safety pin, point it up, and weave it back in forth through the front inside of your leotard (like how you made paper fans as a kid...we all did that, right?).  Just make sure it's centered and enough material is bunched up so you can't see the safety pin.  I did this on my Capezio BraTek leo, and I love it!  Here are some pics for example:



Sorry for the bad pics, I don't know what's wrong with my camera..

There's tons of ways to alter your leotards!  Comment below if you have other ideas.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you could make a pinch in a leotard with a safety pin! I've been looking for ways to change up my leotard.

    ReplyDelete