Saturday, August 17, 2013

Plans for 2013 - 2014 Dance Year

Hey there ballerinas!  So summer is coming to an end, and we're getting closer to that day when we can go back to dance again.  When's the date for you?  Are you dancing at the same studio where you danced last year or are you going someplace new?  What are you looking forward to most this dance year?  Comment below, I'd love to hear your responses :)

My 2013 - 2014 dance year begins August 21st.  Which is also the first day of school.  I posted sometime last month about leaving homeschool.  Well, I'm going to be dancing at my school now.  EVERYDAY.  FOR CREDIT.  I'm screaming from excitement if you couldn't tell! Ballet is an option at my school for health/physical education credit so when I was choosing my classes for the year I was like "Give me ballet!  Yeah, Physics, US History, whatever just give me ballet."  I'm super excited because last year we could only afford one 60min class a week.  Now I'm going to be taking class everyday!  And the studio at my school is so beautiful!  It's huuuge and open and has a door that connects directly to the backstage of the auditorium.  I will definitely try to get a picture.  Also, they have an annual ballet, and this year we're doing Cinderella in March.  I can't wait!

Also, the blog has just passed 5000 views.  I can't even believe it, thank you all so much!  I never thought it would become something like this, and I'm so glad to have found my way to the ballet blogger's community.  This is the one place where late beginners can unite and share their joys and their struggles and no one will ever judge you.  So, a massive thank you to all my readers and all the bloggers of the many other ballet blogs!

I almost forgot (no, I did totally forget, I had to re-edit this post); there is a new poll up in the sidebar.  Please vote for your favorite kind of post.  I want to know what you want to see more of, so please vote!

3 comments:

  1. My classes start September 5th, same day as school too. It's so great that you get to take classes everyday! I have to go to two different studios just to get in 2 classes a week :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to take daily ballet classes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been great, practicing every day can really make a difference :)

      Delete