Thursday, October 11, 2012

First Class

So I had my first class last night!  I just switched to a different studio, back to the studio I went to when I was little (before I quit when I was 6).  I'm in their Teen Ballet, and I looooove it!  I can't wait until next week's class!  I didn't know what to get, so I didn't have any dancewear, but the teacher was cool with me wearing leggings, shorts, tank top, and socks.  She told me what I need to get, so I'm going shopping this Sunday ;)  So, we started at barre, and we did plies and battements and....lots of stuff I can't remember lol.  I'm still working on my spacing at the barre, I accidentally kicked the girl behind me :O  Next, we each chose a place against the wall and did our middle splits.  Then we did a leap combination, but I didn't get it.  And we did some pirouettes and arabesque turns.  Then, we did piques and arabesque turns across the floor.  Our teacher said my piques were good :)  They were learning a Halloween dance, so before class ended we ran through that a couple of times, and I actually picked up most of it.  So, yeah, it was really fun!  Everyone was super nice and friendly.  That's mostly what I hated about my last studio, they were sort of cliquish.  So, tell me about your first class experience in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment