Saturday, October 18, 2014

First Pointe Class!

Hello all!  So yesterday I had my first pointe class!  I'm taking Pointe I at my school, once a week after school.  The class is an hour long, and it's pretty small, with only 10 girls.  Two of the other girls are in my regular class during the school day, but all of the others are middle schoolers.  It was homecoming week at our school, so the other high schoolers and I were all decked out in face paint and spiritwear, which was pretty funny.
In the first half of class, we warmed up in our flats, then we learned how to tie our pointe shoes.  Then we went to the barre and did a bunch of releves and echappes.  It was pretty basic, nothing too hard.  My toes hurt, but it was more uncomfortable than actually painful.  It was really fun and I can't wait for next week!  Here are some tips for you first pointe class:

  1. Remember to cut your toenails!
  2. Get to class a little early
  3. Check and double-check that you have your shoes and your toe pads
  4. Convertible tights are a must!
  5. Don't stress about getting everything right.  It's your first class, you have the whole year to learn and improve.
Comment below if you're starting pointe this year!  Keep dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment